National Sales and Marketing Manager (Poultry)
Specialised Breeders Australia (SBA) is a leading layer breeder with a professional edge. We pride ourselves in the quality of our Day Old Chicks and the Australian layer market expects the best from us. We are looking for a special kind of person to fill some big industry shoes, taking on the role of National Sales and Marketing Manager and managing a sales/service team. The incumbent will be a valued member of the senior team, reporting directly to the CEO. Interstate travel is a requirement of this role. The successful incumbent will be rewarded with a generous salary commensurate with experience, including full private use of a company vehicle.
Skills and experience
- Ideally, a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a senior sales or senior customer facing role within the agricultural or rural sectors.
- Management experience, preferably managing a Sales or Service team.
- Technological savvy, with the ability to competently utilise available technology and sales related software to maximise role efficiency (in and out of the office).
- Financial competencies including:
- Ability to meet pre-determined revenue goals;
- Sales forecasting;
- Managing cost efficiencies for the sales and service team;
- Debtor management; and
- Price setting and price review in conjunction with the CEO.
- High level written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver oral presentations and reports as required.
- Competent in data analysis and reporting.
- Strong problem solving ability.
Personal attributes and soft skills
- Energetic, hardworking, persistent and a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with customers, stakeholders and company personnel.
- High levels of initiative with outcome based thinking.
- Excellent organisation and planning ability.
- Ability to take calculated risks to capitalise on opportunities.
- Skilled at creating team vision and producing personal and team outcomes.
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst maintaining positive relationships.
- Bachelor or Diploma level qualification in Marketing, Business or other relevant body of knowledge.
- Sales and marketing experience within the poultry industry would be advantageous, as well as experience within a repeat business, service environment.
- Familiarity with CRM software.
The fine print:
- There is expectation for out of hours work including customer engagement, sales conferences etc.
- Computer competency is a given for this senior role (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook etc.), as is a driver’s licence.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory pre-employment medical before commencement.
- Only those with the right to work in Australia are eligible to apply.
- Biosecurity management is a critical part of working for SBA.
To Apply: Applications close Wednesday, 21st December, 2016 with an estimated commencement date of March, 2017. If you are interested in applying for the role, please email Katie for the Position Description at email@example.com.
or call Katie on 0407 757 645 to have a chat about the role. We respect your right to privacy and will protect your confidential application.
Your full application must contain an application letter outlining specifically how you meet the Essential (and desirable) criteria listed, as well as your CV. Interviews will likely be conducted early in the New Year.
SBA is an Equal Opportunity employer